No matter where they live, IREM Members have access to a global network of professionals and resources to assist them in their business.
Below is a list of benefits and services of specific interest to international members:
Knowledge to Fuel Your Success
Journal of Property Management (JPM)
- Get comprehensive coverage of the real estate management industry, and stay on top of technology and trends with this vital bi-monthly publication – in print and digital.
- The Global Practices page in JPM allows members to see how practitioners all over the world deal with management issues
Income/Expense Analysis Report
- Industry data from thousands of real estate organizations in the U.S. and Canada helps real estate managers benchmark property performance
- Available for Conventional Apartments, Office Buildings, Federally Assisted Apartments, Shopping Centers, and Condominiums, Cooperatives, and PUDS
- CPM Members receive one free report of their choice yearly
- Textbooks and hot-topic reports address both core competences and cutting-edge topics
- IREM Members receive significant discounts
- Through IREM’s international partners, some IREM publications have been translated into multiple languages
Online resources – available in English and free for members:
- Real Estate Management News - Your weekly e-mail rundown of vital real estate management industry news. You’ll get the trends and information that real estate professionals like you need, carefully curated from thousands of trade, industry and business publications. We go through all the news that’s out there and give you the best, most relevant items.
- Leadership White Papers
Best Practices: Real Estate Management Service
International Classroom Courses
- IREM designation courses are offered in classrooms around the world through IREM’s partners in a variety of languages including Bulgarian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian
- Instructors and members from the local area ensure that content is relevant and applicable in the host country
Self-paced online courses – available anytime, anywhere! (English only)
A Community of Leaders
IREM Member Directory - IREM makes it easy for prospective clients and investors to seek you out for new business ventures and for you to connect with a colleague. Utilize the online directory to reach out to an international network of IREM colleagues. Be sure to log in to update your profile online at myIREM to maximize your exposure.
Social Media - Gain access to the members-only IREM group on LinkedIn, and network with your fellow members on Facebook and Twitter.
Shared Interest Communities – Shared Interest Communities are a new online space where IREM Members in specialized segments of the industry can meet, network, and share resources and information with fellow members 24/7.
Career Center – Search for jobs, fill positions, and take the next step. IREM Members receive discounted job posting rates, and job searches are FREE. The only full-service career center serving the real estate management industry exclusively.
IREM Annual Conferences – conference attendees benefit from education programs, property tours and networking opportunities. IREM offers special events and discounted prices for international attendees
- Local chapter meetings and events take place through IREM’s international Chapters
- Members have the opportunity to become active on a local level by serving in a leadership position, planning a chapter event, or attending a local tradeshow
IREM members serve as leaders and industry experts:
- International members are encouraged to volunteer for a leadership assignment either on a committee or as a chapter leader
- Members are invited to present education session at a national conference or serve as an expert on a panel
- Members can write for the Journal of Property Management
- Members facilitate IREM webinars
The IREM Advantage
The IREM brand is known throughout the world as the most trusted and respected name in property management. Possessing an IREM credential makes property managers more visible and valuable to potential and current employers."
- IREM continues its commitment to giving credentialed IREM Members a competitive edge by marketing the IREM credentials to potential clients and employers
- IREM’s leaders and chapters regularly schedule in-person visits with owners, developers, investors, and employers to promote the value of hiring IREM-credentialed member and firms
- IREM’s Credential Awareness Campaign supports international chapters to advertise and promote credentials in local markets
- In order to give exposure to the IREM credentials and property management, IREM participates in prominent tradeshows and other industry events across the globe. In addition, IREM arranges speaking engagements for volunteer leaders at many of those events.