No matter where they live, IREM Members have access to a global network of professionals and resources to assist them in their business.
Below is a list of benefits and services of specific interest to international members:
Knowledge to Fuel Your Success
Journal of Property Management (JPM)
- IREM Members receive a subscription to this bimonthly premier journal for professionals of property management
- The Global Practices page in JPM allows members to see how practitioners all over the world deal with management issues
Income/Expense Analysis Report
- Industry data from thousands of real estate organizations in the U.S. and Canada helps real estate managers benchmark property performance
- Available for Conventional Apartments, Office Buildings, Federally Assisted Apartments, Shopping Centers, and Condominiums, Cooperatives, and PUDS
- CPM Members receive one free report of their choice yearly
- Textbooks and hot-topic reports address both core competences and cutting-edge topics
- IREM Members receive significant discounts
- Through IREM’s international partners, some IREM publications have been translated into multiple languages
IREM membership directory – All IREM members become a part of an international network of colleagues who can be accessed through this online resource
Online resources – available in English and free for members:
- IREM Webinars
- Skill Builders - Learn, Watch, and Do with these brief, dynamic segments designed to give you quick lessons in key areas of real estate management.
- IREMjobs.org available to job seekers and employees in North America
- Online discussion groups
International Classroom Courses
- IREM designation courses are offered in classrooms around the world through IREM’s partners in a variety of languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish
- Instructors and members from the local area ensure that content is relevant and applicable in the host country
Self-paced online courses – available anytime, anywhere! (English only)
Continuing Education – Even after achieving an IREM designation, members have the opportunity to expand their knowledge on a specific topic. Courses on sustainability and condominium management are amongst IREM’s continuing education offerings available internationally.
A Community of Leaders
Shared Interest Communities – Shared Interest Communities are a new online space where IREM Members in specialized segments of the industry can meet, network, and share resources and information with fellow members 24/7. www.irem.org/SIC
IREM Career Center – Search for jobs, fill positions, and take the next step. IREM Members receive discounted job posting rates, and job searches are FREE. The only full-service career center serving the real estate management industry exclusively. www.iremjobs.org
IREM Annual Conferences – conference attendees benefit from education programs, property tours and networking opportunities. IREM offers special events and discounted prices for international attendees
- Leadership and Legislative Summit – Takes place in Washington, DC every spring (April/May)
- Fall Leadership Conference – Takes place in a different U.S. city every fall (October)
- Region 14 Leadership Conference
For more information, visit the Conferences and Events page.
- Local chapter meetings and events take place in Brazil, Canada, Japan, Poland, Russia, and Korea through IREM’s international Chapters
- Members have the opportunity to become active on a local level by serving in a leadership position, planning a chapter event, or attending a local tradeshow
IREM members serve as leaders and industry experts:
- International members are encouraged to volunteer for a leadership assignment either on a committee or as a chapter leader
- Members are invited to present education session at a national conference or serve as an expert on a panel
- Members can write for the Journal of Property Management
- Members facilitate IREM webinars
The IREM Advantage
The IREM brand is known throughout the world as the most trusted and respected name in property management. Possessing an IREM credential makes property managers more visible and valuable to potential and current employers."
- IREM continues its commitment to giving credentialed IREM Members a competitive edge by marketing the IREM credentials to potential clients and employers
- IREM’s leaders and chapters regularly schedule in-person visits with owners, developers, investors, and employers to promote the value of hiring IREM-credentialed member and firms
- IREM’s Credential Awareness Campaign allows International Chapters to work with IREM Headquarters to advertise and promote credentials in local markets
- In order to give exposure to the IREM credentials and property management, IREM participates in prominent tradeshows and other industry events across the globe. In addition, IREM arranges speaking engagements for volunteer leaders at many of those events. To see events where IREM is participating, visit the Conferences and Events page.