A planned, or deferred, gift is a type of charitable gift that requires some strategic thinking, usually with the assistance of a financial advisor and development officer. A donor may fund his or her gift with cash or other assets. Either way, the benefits of a planned gift can be very attractive.
Benefits of Planned Gifts - Through planned or deferred giving, it is possible to:
- Make gifts to the Foundation that you might have previously thought impossible.
- Maximize your charitable contribution.
- Receive advantageous tax deductions under both state and federal law.
- Turn appreciated assets into an income for yourself and/or other family members.
- Increase your current income by reducing taxes and or avoiding capital gains tax.
- Pass assets to family at a reduced tax cost.
- Achieve your goals for the IREM Foundation while enhancing your own personal financial plans and security.
- Make a significant donation to a charity, like the IREM Foundation that will help us plan well into the future with an assured confidence.
- Experience the pride and satisfaction that comes with providing a major gift to a cause you support.
Although selecting a Planned Giving strategy can seem overwhelming. There are many options available, each with their own benefits and restrictions. The following are different types of planned gifts you can make to the Foundation.
Types of Planned Gifts:
- Bequests and Wills
- Charitable and Deferred Gift Annuities
- IRA or other Employee Benefit Plans
- Life Insurance Plans
- Mutual Funds
- Retirement Assets
- Annual and Special Gifts, Securities and Stocks
- Real estate and other assets
If you would like to speak with someone about the program, feel free to contact the Foundation’s Executive Director, Russell Salzman, at (312) 329-6060. We also recommend that you consult your tax attorney or financial advisor when considering a gift to the IREM Foundation.
*Please remember there is no obligation and any information you share will be kept confidential and anonymous at your request.
A gift to the Planned Giving Program provides a long lasting legacy to the Foundation, IREM, the real estate management profession, and the patron. In recognition of this dedication, the Foundation has formed the Legacy of Leaders. Members of this group will be recognized by IREM members today and for years to come as the most devoted supporters to the mission and the continuation of the IREM Foundation.
Giving Made Easy
If you have named the IREM Foundation as a beneficiary in your estate plan, or if you are making plans to do so, please let us know by submitting an Estate Intention Letter.
We would like to include you in the IREM Foundation Legacy of Leaders as one way of demonstrating our appreciation.
The Legacy of Leaders
The Foundation has formed the Legacy of Leaders to recognize members who add the IREM Foundation to their will or estate plans. By considering the Foundation in your plans, you become a member of a very special donor group, the Legacy of Leaders. Members of this group are not only an integral part of IREM Foundation’s present, but are the keys to its future. Members will be recognized by IREM and the Foundation today and for years to come as the most devoted supporters to the mission, growth and the continuation of the IREM Foundation. With your permission, we will list your name among the growing number of new donors who have provided for future gifts to the IREM Foundation and who, by example, encourage others to take this important step.
As a member of the Legacy of Leaders you receive the following benefits:
- An IREM Foundation commemorative certificate.
- Mention in the Annual Report, in our newsletters, and on our website.
- Open invitation to join other donors and special guests at an annual recognition reception that coincides with our Fall Conference.
The IREM Foundation will be happy to give you more information and explain how planned giving can work for you.
There is no more dedicated and visionary form of commitment to the future success and growth of the IREM Foundation than a planned gift. Because of your generosity and method of giving you will provide the Foundation with the resources needed to fulfill its mission well into the next decade. Legacy of Leaders members are and will always be held in the highest regard by IREM and the Foundation.
Thank you for your gift and for leaving a legacy with the IREM Foundation!
To learn more about your planned giving options, request a copy of the Planning Strategies brochure.
430 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611-4090
Phone: 312-329-6008, Fax: 312-410-7908, E-mail: email@example.com