Managing Your Maintenance Programs: A Guide to Implementing Cost-Effective Plans for Properties
Regular Price: $49.95
Member Price: $39.95
Click here to view the index.
Click here to view the table of contents
Written by Brad J. Ashley, CPM; John N. Gallagher, CPM; Mary Jayne Howard, CPM; Richard F. Muhlebach, CPM; and Lee A. Whitman, CPM
Creating a maintenance management program is a responsibility that impacts every aspect of managing, operating, marketing and leasing a property. Having a proactive plan in place to keep buildings well maintained not only enhances the appearance and value of properties, it allows a property manager to address vital maintenance issues, such as expenses, contract agreements, inspections and communication with building occupants and owners.
This report covers the development and operation of an effective maintenance management program, and offers strategies and solutions that managers can apply to their own properties.
- How a maintenance management program will enhance the cash flow and value of a building
- How to establish good communication with residents or tenants regarding maintenance operations
- How to develop operating and capital budgets for maintenance expenses
- How to negotiate maintenance agreements with contractors
- What steps must be taken to properly inspect properties
- How to handle maintenance requests from tenants or residents
Pub date: 2010
Softcover, 134 pages plus CD