View slides from "Understanding Leverage and Debt Structure"
Do you know how to increase a property’s performance through leverage? Using borrowed money to maximize the return on equity is critical to meeting the owner’s goals and objectives. In this course, you will explore how to structure and manage debt effectively. This course will help you to:
- Understand how a property’s capital structure impacts the overall risk and return
- Explain the impact of leverage on a property’s profitability
- Calculate and compare positive, neutral, and negative leverage
- Determine how to maximize returns using financial leverage
- Identify factors that can assist in obtaining a loan
- Assess loan options using the IREM leverage analysis tool
Once you’ve explored the key principles of effective leverage and debt structure, you’ll be ready to increase financial returns for the owner.
You can access the online course for 6 months after you register.