View slides from "Developing a Capital Strategy"
How much should you set aside annually for a roof replacement in ten years? This video-based capital planning course will teach you how to identify and prioritize capital improvements. By discounting the future value of an expense, you can determine how much to reserve each year for that improvement. In addition, you can calculate the payback period on that expense to share with the owner. The real-life examples in this course will help you to:
- Classify capital expenditures
- Analyze the current status of your property
- Prioritize capital improvements
- Develop multi-year capital plans
- Calculate funds to place in reserves for future improvements
Once you’ve explored the extensive case study, you will be able to accurately reserve enough funds for future capital improvements using the time value of money concept.
Access to the online course ends when you complete the course or 6 months after registration, whichever comes first.