Utilize financial tools that will build value and increase income for your business holdings.
What you will learn:
- Economics of real estate investment. Financial goals and objectives of the owner, macroeconomic influences on real estate investment
- Sources of financing. Public and private lenders, lender perceptions and requirements
- Loan calculation. Loan types, loan amortization, effective interest rate calculation
- Loan analysis. Loan-to-value, debt coverage, leverage applications
- Property valuation and capitalization rates. Appraisal methods, capitalization rates, mortgage equity analysis, equity residual model
How you will benefit:
- Produce higher revenue for your portfolio despite fluctuations in the financial and real estate markets
- Negotiate optimal financing packages that will maximize your cash flow
- Boost client satisfaction levels with accurate property valuations and risk assessments
Financial Calculator Required: A financial calculator or financial calculator app is required. Preferred calculators include financial calculator apps (available for download through app providers) and the HP10bII/HP10bII+ (no longer available for purchase through HP but available through other vendors, such as Amazon). Course materials illustrate keystrokes for the HP10bII calculator. Students are encouraged to download the interactive HP10bII Financial Calculator Tutorial and the “HP10bII Financial Calculator Quick Reference Guide” and review it prior to taking this course.
Laptop Computer Strongly Recommended: In addition to the use of the calculator, course materials include a review on how to use the IREM Financial Analysis Excel Spreadsheet to facilitate hands-on learning in the classroom. Students who wish to maximize their course experience are advised to bring a laptop to class. With your registration confirmation, you will receive a link to the IREM Financial Analysis Excel Spreadsheet. It is strongly recommended that you download the spreadsheet to your laptop prior to attending the class.
Please note: taking FIN402, ASM603, ASM604, ASM605, and MPSAXM in consecutive order is strongly recommended.
Click here for information on webinars: “HP10BII Calculator Tutorial” and “IREM Financial Analysis Spreadsheet”
Click here to view the learning objectives for ASM603.
The online course takes approximately 3-5 hours to complete.