This course focuses on common sense, cost-effective solutions to sustainable real estate management.
“The instructor was very knowledgeable and did an outstanding job of covering much material and explaining all that goes into going green, while involving the class and really clarifying the process in a manner for all to comprehend. I could not have been more pleased with the course and the student workbook, which I will refer to often!”
William O'Leary, CPM, Invesco Management Co.
“The buildings we work with demonstrate that sustainable real estate management is not just good for the environment, it’s also good for business.”
Craig Sheehy, CPM, LEED AP, President and CEO of Envision Realty Services, LLC, a LEED consulting firm.
Sustainable Real Estate Management (SRM001) provides:
- Credit toward the Credential for Green Property Management (CGPM) awarded jointly by the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) and the National Apartment Association Education Institute (NAAEI)
- Continuing education credit for U.S. Green Building Council LEED Professionals
- Core training required for staff at properties receiving funding under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Market to Market (M2M) Green Initiative and Green Retrofit Program
What you will learn:
- Sustainability and Real Estate Management. Owner’s goals, tenant and resident demand, government regulations and incentives
- Sustainable Property Operations. Management plans, maintenance, green cleaning, tenant and resident relations and education, tenant improvements and renovations, transportation
- Increasing Energy and Water Efficiency. The manager’s role in resource efficiency, benchmarking, resource use and supply, equipment and technology, measuring results
- Improving Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ factors, proactive indoor air quality testing, IEQ surveys, materials, operations and maintenance
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Waste audits, recycling programs, composting, tenant and resident education, financial and environmental benefits
- The Sustainable Real Estate Management Company. Sustainable offices, vendors, certifications, networking and marketing
How you will benefit:
- Implement sustainable property operations and increase energy and water efficiency
- Improve indoor environmental quality
- Learn to run a sustainable real estate management company
Member Price: $125
Non-Member Price: $155
Prices are for U.S. offerings.
Please contact sponsor for international offering prices.