In support of IREM’s 2016-2017 Strategic Direction, President Michael T. Lanning, CPM, has prioritized the following 2017 Themes and Goals.
TARGET GROWTH OF MILLENNIAL MARKET IN THE OFFICE AND APARTMENT SECTORS
- Rebrand the ACoM certification, repositioning it as a program designed for entry-level commercial property managers, and develop a new online course.
- Deepen market penetration of the ARMcertification by expanding capacity to deliver RES201 and focusing on entry-level apartment community managers. Recruit, train, and onboard new instructors.
- Target CPM recruitment campaigns to millennials in the 20-30 age group who are entering the property management workforce.
- Continue CPM Sponsor program.
- Continue the robust college and university outreach program.
- Support young professionals and connect them with mentors who can help them up the career ladder.
- Publish a 30 under 30 campaign.
- Offer a leadership-focused CPM program targeting real estate management practitioners under 35, exclusively for AMO Firms.
- Focused attention on racial and ethnic diversity, including more aggressive promotion of the IREM Diversity Scholarship program and continued outreach to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
EXECUTE IREM’S STRATEGIC MEETING DIRECTION
- Launch 4 new U.S. regional meetings for chapter leadership training, complemented with industry education and networking events.
- Northeast Regional Meeting: New York, NY, March 21-23, 2017
- South/Southeast Regional Meeting: Atlanta, GA, April 4-6, 2017
- West Regional Meeting: Costa Mesa, CA, May 9-11, 2017
- Midwest Regional Meeting: Minneapolis, MN, June 6-8, 2017
- Region 14 Leadership Conference and REIC Annual Conference: Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 13-15, 2017
- Impact federal policy through in-district advocacy at the grassroots level partnered with a new Federal Advocacy Board
- Introduce the IREM Global Summit – a retooling of the IREM Fall Conference as the single gathering of IREM Members from around the world. Chicago, October 10-13, 2017.
EXTEND OUTREACH EFFORTS INTO CORPORATE MARKETS
- Conduct second Commercial Summit, bringing together commercial property management company leaders with asset management clients.
- Implement enhancements to the AMO program. Strengthen the connection with AMO companies, including exclusive session for Executive CPM Members at the IREM Global Summit.
- Enrich and expand corporate relationships with major commercial and multifamily property management companies.
- Deepen connections with the real estate asset management community.
- Enrich relationships with IREM Industry Partners and other vendors and providers of products and services.
DIFFERENTIATE AND REPOSITION THE IREM IMAGE
- Using a marketing consultant, develop and execute a rebranding initiative that includes upgrades, enhancements, and redesigns for corporate and product messaging and positioning, logos, and imagery, and a value proposition that resonates with target markets.
- Establish IREM as a thought leader through outreach to the media, including participation in the National Association of Real Estate Editors (NAREE) conference.
- Targeted attention to four key content arenas:
- Asset management
- Best practices (including updating IREM’s Best Practices for Delivery of Real Estate Management Services)
- Produce and combine compelling content with cutting-edge delivery.
ELEVATE VISIBILITY OF KEY PROGRAMS
- Aggressively promote and reinforce value proposition of the IREM Certified Sustainable Property certification. Raise awareness of properties that obtain the certification.
- Build awareness of the REME Awards program and award recipients.
- Raise the profile of the Income/Expense Analysis Reports as indispensable sources of reliable operating data.
PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
- Adopt and begin execution of a new three-year strategic plan.
- Continue the process of succession planning targeted to both volunteers and HQ staff.