IREM Assembles Council of Adult Education Experts to Advise on Course Development and Delivery
* * * * * * * * * *
(Chicago, July 23, 2013) – A group of experts in the field of adult education has been assembled by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). Called simply The Education Council, the group’s official mission: “To provide IREM with unbiased, fresh perspectives on the best practices to develop and deliver professional adult education,” according to Sue Considine, CPM, chair of IREM’s Education Committee.
“While IREM education has long been regarded as the industry gold standard,” said Considine, “we constantly strive to make it even better. To this end, we determined that we could benefit from a diverse and objective assessment of how we develop, deliver, and measure the value of our courses and so have engaged with a group of talented and open-minded professionals to create The Education Council.
Council members, several of whom have real estate experience that supplements their adult education credentials, include:
- Dr. Jay Butler, Emeritus Professor, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
- Rosemary Carucci Goss, Ph.D, Property Management Advisory Board Professor, Virginia Tech University
- Patrick Fulcher, PHR, Vice President of Human Resources, Pinnacle Family of Companies
- John Hausknecht, Ph.D., Associate Professor of HR Studies, Cornell University
- William Harrison, Faculty Lecturer, University of South Carolina
- Jennifer Homer, Vice President, American Society of Training and Development (ASTD)
- Megan Orser, Director of Professional Development, Smart Apartment Solutions
- Jonaken O’Steen, Vice President, Organization and Talent Development, Equity Residential
- Dustin C. Read, PhD/JD, Director, Center for Real Estate and the Master of Science in Real Estate (MSRE) Program, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Belk College of Business
- Debra Zabloudil, FACHE, CAE, President and CEO, The Learning Studio
MORE ABOUT IREM EDUCATION
IREM offers comprehensive industry-specific education and training for those who wish to pursue one of the three professional credentials it confers and for those who just want to expand their property management knowledge. All courses are updated regularly to ensure that their content addresses changing marketplace needs. IREM courses are available in classroom and self-paced online formats to cater to diverse learning styles and preferences.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) is an international community of real estate managers dedicated to ethical business practices, maximizing the value of investment real estate, and promoting superior management through education and information sharing. An affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS, IREM is the home for all industry professionals connected to real estate management – and the only organization serving both the multi-family and commercial sectors.
We believe that good management matters, and that well-managed properties pay dividends in terms of value and in the quality of life for residents, tenants and customers. We believe in professional ethics. We believe in the power of knowledge and the importance of sharing it.
IREM offers a variety of membership types for professionals of every experience level, from on-site managers to high-level executives. Our credentials, earned by meeting high standards of education, experience, and ethical business practices, include: Certified Property Manager (CPM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM), Accredited Commercial Manager (ACoM), or Accredited Management Organization (AMO).
Since 1933, IREM has set the standard for best practices in real estate management. Today, IREM membership includes nearly 18,000 individuals and 560 corporate members. To learn more about the IREM and its chapter network, call (800) 837-0706, ext. 4650 (outside the U.S. call (312) 329-6000) or visit www.irem.org.