IREM and University of Nebraska Partner to Advance Real Estate Management Education and Careers
* * * * * * * * * *
(Chicago, September 16, 2013) – The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) and the University of Nebraska – Omaha (UNO), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that outlines a collaborative relationship to advance the real estate management profession through education and encourage interest in the profession as an attractive career opportunity.
IREM has long been committed to promoting real estate management careers and attracting a pool of new talent to the industry through academic outreach. The University of Nebraska’s Real Estate Program, housed within the institution’s College of Business Administration, is dedicated to developing the highest caliber of real estate professionals and future real estate industry leaders. UNO offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics. Graduates from the program are equipped with a practical and robust skill set to solve diverse and complex real estate challenges.
Under the terms of the MOU, IREM will:
- Recognize UNO as a provider of real estate education on IREM’s website and in other promotional materials.
- Recognize UNO’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics degree as one that fulfills the specified educational requirements for IREM’s Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation.
- Provide UNO with resource material to use in developing its real estate curriculum and materials about careers in real estate management for distribution to its students.
- Connect UNO to IREM’s Nebraska Chapter No. 12 for purposes of mutual collaboration.
For its part, UNO will, among other initiatives:
- Recognize IREM as a principal provider of real estate management education and credentials.
- Promote the fact that UNO’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a specialization in Real Estate and Land Use Economics degree fulfills the specified educational requirements for IREM’s CPM designation.
- Utilize IREM textbooks and resource material, as appropriate, to develop and deliver its real estate management curriculum.
- Make information about IREM’s Student Membership program available on the UNO website.
MORE ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA
Founded in 1908, the University provides accessible higher education in Nebraska and offers an academically rigorous experience to a diverse student body.
OTHER IREM ACADEMIC COLLABORATIONS
In addition to the University of Nebraska-Omaha, IREM currently has collaborative agreements and relationships with these academic institutions that have real estate degree programs: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.; St. Augustine’s University, Raleigh, NC; Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA; Ball State University, Muncie, IN; University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL; California State University-Fullerton, Fullerton, CA; Cornell University; the University of Wisconsin-Stout; the University of Baltimore; University of Missouri-Kansas City; and the University of San Diego.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) is an international community of real estate managers dedicated to ethical business practices, maximizing the value of investment real estate, and promoting superior management through education and information sharing. An affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS, IREM is the home for all industry professionals connected to real estate management – and the only organization serving both the multi-family and commercial sectors.
We believe that good management matters, and that well-managed properties pay dividends in terms of value and in the quality of life for residents, tenants and customers. We believe in professional ethics. We believe in the power of knowledge and the importance of sharing it.
IREM offers a variety of membership types for professionals of every experience level, from on-site managers to high-level executives. Our credentials, earned by meeting high standards of education, experience, and ethical business practices, include: Certified Property Manager (CPM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM), Accredited Commercial Manager (ACoM), or Accredited Management Organization (AMO).
Since 1933, IREM has set the standard for best practices in real estate management. Today, IREM membership includes nearly 18,000 individuals and 560 corporate members. To learn more about the IREM and its chapter network, call (800) 837-0706, ext. 4650 (outside the U.S. call (312) 329-6000) or visit www.irem.org.