The challenges in today’s job market—from industry consolidation and increased competition to being expected to do more with less—make it harder for you to prove your experience and your credibility. The CPM designation can demonstrate your expertise and integrity to those who matter most—employers, owners and investors.
We invite current members to refer friends and colleagues today.
Click each section heading to see the requirements, or download and print a copy of the entire
Education – choose one of four options:
Option 1: Complete seven required courses
If you took IREM courses prior to 2005, find out which of these courses earn credit by reviewing the CPM Course Equivalency Chart
: This is the suggested order, however, courses listed in 1 through 3 can be taken in any combination and/or out of sequence if necessary or if scheduling is not convenient.
Option 3: Real Estate Degree Fast Track
Have an undergraduate or graduate degree with a major, minor or concentration in real estate or property management and submit the fast track approval fee
Details about the CPM Fast Track Program.
- Pass management plan on an actual property (MPIND)
- Pass management plan skills assessment (MPSA).
Submit 3 Confidential Letters of Recommendation (provided at the time of candidacy approval)
Minimum 1 year of CPM Candidate Membership
- Fulfill the one year Candidacy period by being a CPM Candidate Member, ARM Member, or ACoM Member in good standing for the 12 months prior to CPM approval
- Be in good standing with annual national and chapter dues. (national dues are $495; chapter dues vary by chapter.)
- Submit a CPM application with the application fee, which is $210.
- Be current with annual national and chapter dues. (national dues are $495; chapter dues vary by chapter.)
- Hold a real estate license or verify that you are not required to have one for your current position.
- Be affiliated with the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Attend two IREM Chapter meetings or events during the 12 months immediately prior to CPM approval.
- Be interviewed and approved by your IREM Chapter.
If you are from Canada, contact the Real Estate Institute of Canada.
If you are from any other country, check out the International CPM Application.
Become a CPM
Declare your intent to earn your CPM by becoming a CPM Candidate Member! As a CPM Candidate, you'll be a member of IREM, including your local IREM chapter, and receive member rates on your IREM courses. Not ready to be a CPM Candidate Member yet? Join as an Associate Member and still enjoy the member-rate discounts on courses and publications.
Start taking IREM courses towards your CPM designation and tap into immediate member benefits as an Associate Member.
Every IREM Member pays the lowest rates on IREM education and publications. (Note: One year of CPM Candidate Membership is required prior to CPM approval, so plan accordingly.)