Learn how to determine the performance of real estate assets using a variety of measurement tools and approaches.
What you will learn:
- The time value of money. Components and calculations of TVM
- Discounted cash flow and leases. Financial impact of lease concessions, lease buyouts, lease proposal comparisons
- Discounted cash flow and valuation. DCF analysis vs. capitalization, market value calculation, investment value calculation
- Measures of investment return. Cash-on-cash return, value enhancement, net present value, internal rate of return
- Mid-stream analysis. Reasons for conducting a mid-stream analysis, mid-stream analysis calculations
How you will benefit:
- Enhance the long-term financial outlook of your portfolio
- Secure the future prosperity of your business
- Shape leases to your advantage and generate higher returns for your clients
Financial Calculator Required:A financial calculator or financial calculator app is required. Preferred calculators include financial calculator apps (available for download through app providers) and the HP10bII/HP10bII+ (no longer available for purchase through HP but available through other vendors, such as Amazon). Course materials illustrate keystrokes for the HP10bII calculator. Students are encouraged to download the interactive HP10bII Financial Calculator Tutorial and the “HP10bII Financial Calculator Quick Reference Guide” and review it prior to taking this course.
Laptop Computer Strongly Recommended: In addition to the use of the calculator, course materials include a review on how to use the IREM Financial Analysis Excel Spreadsheet to facilitate hands-on learning in the classroom. Students who wish to maximize their course experience are advised to bring a laptop to class. With your registration confirmation, you will receive a link to the IREM Financial Analysis Excel Spreadsheet. It is strongly recommended that you download the spreadsheet to your laptop prior to attending the class.
Please note: taking FIN402, ASM603, ASM604, ASM605, and MPSAXM in consecutive order is strongly recommended.
Click here for information on webinars: “HP10BII Calculator Tutorial” and “IREM Financial Analysis Spreadsheet”
Click here to review the learning objectives for ASM604.